Welcome to the Community Marketer's Page!
Lists of strategies and best practices have been compiled for your use as you market your community or region. We hope this information will be helpful in your efforts to reach your desired target audiences and achieve new levels of marketing success.
We want you to be part of this page! You have valuable information to share and stories to tell, so let us highlight your ideas, news and accomplishments. To do this, you can:
- Add us to your distribution lists for press releases, newsletters, updates and other news formats.
- Share your community and business success stories.
- Send us video or photographs of community and business events, awards, etc.
- Suggest community or business leaders we could interview and feature on the commerce website.
- Provide us with case studies on how Idaho incentives were used to "close the deal" in your community.
- Let us know if you want assistance with media lists and media niche targets.
We will post them in the “What’s New” section or other areas of the Commerce website so others can benefit from your ideas and experience and celebrate your successes.
Let us know if we can provide you with more information in a particular marketing area on this page or if you need training or technical assistance.
Community Marketing is defined here as a creative process in which interest is generated in the goods or services a community or region has to offer. Community marketers must anticipate, identify, keep and satisfy customer requirements profitably.
Community marketing is essential for a successful economic development program. Even if your community does not have a marketing staff or budget, you can still promote your community more effectively. All you need are a few tools, energy, passion, creativity, focus and a competitive drive to succeed!