Idaho and International Business
International business is an essential part of Idaho’s economy. The International Business Division’s goal is to identify prospects for Idaho products and services in international markets and help companies capitalize on these opportunities by offering export/import counseling, market research, coordination of trade missions and trade shows as well as incoming buying delegations. These activities are also supported by Idaho’s trade offices in three foreign countries. Visit our services page to learn more.
Why export from Idaho?
• Companies that export grow faster and are 8.5% less likely to go out of business.
• 70% of the world’s purchasing power is outside of the United States.
• Export related jobs typically pay 15% more than the average.
• International sales allow companies to diversify and reduce risk.
• International sales volumes may produce decreased production costs and increase a company’s competitive advantage.
• 95% of the world’s consumers live outside of the United States.
• Free trade agreements are opening up new markets in Australia, Korea, Panama, Chile, Singapore, Jordan, Israel, Canada, Mexico, and Central America creating new opportunities for proactive Idaho companies.
MYTH: Exporting is only for big businesses.
FACT: 97% of US exports are from small to medium sized businesses.
MYTH: Exporting is too complicated for a small business to explore
FACT: With a commitment of time, higher level support, and patience, a small company has an excellent chance of succeeding in the world market. The trade experts at the Idaho Department of Commerce will help guide and assist you in making exports a successful part of your business.
In 2011, Idaho companies exported a record nearly $5.9 Billion worth of products worldwide.
State Trade and Export Promotion Grant
Export funds are available to assist Idaho companies go global. Click HERE for more information.
Governor Led Trade Mission to Asia
An exciting opportunity to participate in a high-level mission to Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam in April of 2013. Click HERE for more information.