Setting up a meeting with a trade specialist can be a valuable step in expanding or starting international trade in your business. Whether you are new to exporting and still unsure if it is right for your company or you are an experienced exporter, a trade specialist works with you as a partner to make your export endeavors more successful. Some of the topics covered may include:
• Determine export potential
• Analyze target markets
• Provide market research on consumer behaviors, products, demand, competitors, and culture in target countries
• Assist in defining market entry strategies
• Answer questions on payment terms, incoterms, financing, logistics, and shipping.
• Find contacts for international representation, freight forwarders, distributors, and other resources.
• Advice on developing export plans
• Help your company be involved in key trade missions or trade shows
• Partner you with other agencies such as the US Commercial service to accomplish specific goals.
• Discuss exporting problems and solutions specific to your company or industry
• Advice on intellectual property, trademarks, and other ways to protect your brand overseas
• Cultural advice and business etiquette for dealing with foreign buyers and governments
In order to get the most out of your first meeting with a trade specialist, please complete the
Export Readiness Questionnaire prior to the meeting. The trade specialist will meet with you periodically to check progress and discuss issues, but you are welcome to contact them at any time for questions or concerns that may arise.
Please contact one of the trade specialists below to begin the process.